Re: Proposal for Adjusted DATA Timeout

2008-05-26 13:50:42

Ned Freed writes:
Ahem. While it is true that the common case these days of having huge numbers of addresses in the header is the result of incompetent spam, there are also situations where legitimate email does this.

Of course. And I'm sure there are cases (very few, but not none) where legitimate messages have many thousands of body parts, which might trip up servers which do bodypart processing. And so on and so forth.

Once again, there's a lot more variety out there than you might think.

A misunderstanding perhaps. I'm not saying there are no legitimate strange messages. My opinion is that senders of really, really unusual messages need to deal with their unusual nature themselves: It's unreasonable to ask the rest of the world to test all the odd corners.

Arnt