Re: 2821bis AUTH48 fix (?) (was: 2821 5yz Typo - Client Retry Gaffe (fixed in 2821bis))

2008-08-10 17:56:43

Glenn Anderson wrote:

At 3:36 pm -0400 10/8/2008, Hector Santos wrote:
Nonetheless, I've provided a CLEAR more common than not case of mail delivery problem with this interpretation of yours.

No you haven't.

Glenn at least acknowledge it.

No I didn't.

I have only acknowledged that not retrying the recipient that gets delayed will cause mail delivery problems.

I expected your will be attempting to nak this. I don't how more concise you couldn't been when I asked and you responded:

 HS: Please explain why did user1 now lose out in getting
 HS: the mail when it was a more valid 250 case and user2 was not?

 GA: That would be entirely up to the receiving server. I am
 GA: certainly not going to assume that there are no cases where
 GA: this would happen, that could result in lost mail.

I will go on the record, not that it means anything, that this 4.2.5 interpretation is incorrect and does cause mail lost, clearing born from the 8 year old gaffe in 2821 which allowed 5yz retries. I have no doubt about it, and none of you wish to acknowledge.

In any case.  Consensus by Osmosis was reached.

Done Here.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO