Q: English terms for forwarded addresses

2008-11-03 06:24:00

Hi!

Assume a forwarding recipe directs the MX server of example.com to forward all messages destined to alice(_at_)example(_dot_)com to bob(_at_)example(_dot_)org(_dot_) (Strictly speaking, it is not aliasing if the RFC2821.MailFrom is being changed, e.g. for SPF compliance, but rather a mailing list, although featuring a single fixed subscriber.) I often read the term "forwarded address" for alice(_at_)example(_dot_)com(_dot_) Then, what is the correct term for its counterpart bob(_at_)example(_dot_)org?

As I'm not a native English speaker, I'd prefer not to invent new terms. However, I haven't been able to spot the correct ones on the web. Grateful for any hint

TIA