Re: Q: English terms for forwarded addresses

2008-11-03 08:25:11

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

Assume a forwarding recipe directs the MX server of example.com to
forward all messages destined to alice(_at_)example(_dot_)com to
bob(_at_)example(_dot_)org(_dot_)
[...] I often read the term "forwarded address" for
alice(_at_)example(_dot_)com(_dot_)
Then, what is the correct term for its counterpart bob(_at_)example(_dot_)org?

I would say alice(_at_)example(_dot_)com is an alias, and
bob(_at_)example(_dot_)org is the
target of the alias. See sections 3.5 and 3.9 of RFC 5321 for examples.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
TYNE DOGGER FISHER GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: EAST OR NORTHEAST 4 OR 5. MODERATE.