Re: draft-daboo-srv-email

2010-01-08 15:40:15
I thought I saw some discussion on this list about which option an MUA
should choose if it was presented with IMAP, POP3, POP3S, or IMAPS.

While, ultimately this choice is the user's, perhaps a
_mail._tcp.example.com SRV record could be used.  The response could
state simply "imaps" or something which would help the MUA pick a
default option.  All the other SRV records would be used as suggested
still.  It would just help in the auto-configuration of an MUA where a
user doesn't know which option to pick.

Just throwing the idea out there.  Take it or leave it, doesn't really
bother me.

Willie Gillespie