Re: draft-daboo-srv-email

2010-01-08 16:11:33

Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> writes:
Russ Allbery wrote:

As a site where, for various load-balancing, administrative, and
configuration complexity reasons, our outgoing mail servers for clients
are entirely distinct from the inbound servers holding the MX records
of the domain, I would love to see a SRV record for clients to locate
outbound SMTP servers.

I missed section 3.1 which offers the _submission._tcp.domain SRV query.

Don't know if that covers, partially or otherwise, the user needs on your
end.

Ah, sorry, I also didn't check.  I think that covers it.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>