Re: draft-daboo-srv-email

2010-01-07 10:09:27

Hi Tony,

--On January 5, 2010 6:49:16 PM +0000 Tony Finch <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>
wrote:

A few comments on draft-daboo-srv-email:

Just to update everyone on the status of this draft - there are a whole bunch of comments pending from the original review of this last year. I have been waiting for the SRV registry spec to be updated following the heated debates at the end of last year which came to resolution at the meeting in Japan. Once that spec is out I will revise srv-email document. The other major point was having srv-email say very little itself about certificate verification, and instead refer to <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-02>. It would be nice if that spec could have an explicit example of verification where SRV was used to get the server hostname.

--
Cyrus Daboo