Draft to Full, versus cycling at Draft

2010-08-11 12:01:16

On 8/11/2010 9:19 AM, Tony Hansen wrote:
I'm wondering if, instead of changing the 5321 guidance, there needs to be text
added to 4409bis about timeouts being shorter than those normally used by SMTP.

Any useful guidance should be made wherever it is helpful. This issue is certainly in the realm of 'useful'.

My note, here, isn't about that. It's a 'process' question, meant mostly for academic consideration:

   Is this the sort of change that is appropriate for going from Draft to Full?

I would have thought that it was too technical and substantive and that, at the least, the doc would have to cycle at, perhaps, Draft.

To repeat:  this is meant purely as an academic exercise.  I'm curious.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking