Re: Draft to Full, versus cycling at Draft

2010-08-11 16:25:25

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Hector Santos
<hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> wrote:

Tony,

The only thing I see is that it could|should have a CLIENT perspective as
well:

   Client writers MUST pay close attention to the timeout specified in
   section 6.1 of RFC 5321.

Because the problem is mostly with the clients not following the 10 minute
recommendation.  I don't know if it should be mentioned but...

   .... Clients using anything less than the recommended 10 minutes
   could promote retransmission issues.

That is not in any way promoting that servers can take its sweet time with
10 minute delays.

+1

--
Jeff Macdonald