RE: abnf for <atext> in RFC 5321?

2011-05-11 17:10:59

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:24 PM
To: A. Rothman
Cc: dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net; Dave CROCKER; SMTP Interest Group
Subject: Re: abnf for <atext> in RFC 5321?

I did not read the
whole of RFC 5222 recently, but a simple search found this definition
quickly and it seems pretty well-defined. Copying it over to RFC 5321
might be more convenient though.

Maybe, but these sorts of changes may not interact well with the ongoing EAI
work. I'm therefore opposed to making this change - if a change needs to be
made it would be to make the document linkage more prominent.

I'd prefer the more complete change, but I could settle for this.

(It just seems weird for the ABNF definition of something in RFCx to actually
be found in RFCy where y>x...)