Re: abnf for <atext> in RFC 5321?

2011-05-11 17:29:49

On 5/11/2011 2:23 PM, Ned Freed wrote:
> Yep. The only thing that's unusual here is that these sorts of linkages are
> usually declared in the conventions section of the document rather than
waiting
> until the "collected ABNF" section to say it.

You mean, if only there were something like a Document Conventions section,
early in the document, for containing meta-specification information like this?

Alas, the section you /are/ referring to is rather more narrowly is 4.2.1, with
a title Command Argument Syntax.  That's a bit obscure for finding an import of
default definition-by-reference of ABNF rules.

Exactly. I was a little surprised we don't have something about the use
of ABNF in the conventions section. I fully support putting that in and moving
the statement about where to find missing productions there as well.

                                Ned