Re: Recipient is offline

2011-09-04 07:18:57

On 4 Sep 2011, at 06:27, "Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com>
wrote:

To my knowledge, sendmail implements the queue with the factors Ned listed
above included in its sorting, but it doesn't have a system that detects "Oh
hey, that host is available again, I'm going to flush everything I have
queued for it."  That just falls out naturally as one aspect of a complete
queue run.

Exim has a database of which messages are waiting for which hosts, so when a
host comes back to life it can flush the messages down the same connection
without having to wait for the next queue run.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/