Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-12 08:20:03
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 04:04:08 EDT, Hector said:

When you add that many DNS records have very short TTLs, i.e. 5
minutes, if you 2nd attempt more than 5 minutes, then any DNS caching
benefits you might have are lost.  There are many parts to all this.

People with sub-optimal greylisting configurations often have sub-optimal DNS
configurations as well, because cluelessness is often pervasive. Film at 11.

Move along, nothing to see.

(Though I agree that an Informational RFC documenting the BCP might not be a
bad idea at all)