Re: SMTP traffic control

2011-10-13 19:22:16

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011, Dave CROCKER wrote:

What client implementors will add this to their code?  What server

I will.

implementers will add this to their code?  What sysadmins will

Same guy.

configure to use this?

Any of our users (if they upgrade to the next version...)

In other words, no matter how nice this all sounds -- and I happen
to agree that it does sound nice -- it's /very/ expensive to add to
the infrastructure and it needs a good indication that it will be
adopted.  Where is the market 'pull' for the benefits this will
provide?

Sorry, I'm not in marketing, I simply implement things I like.
Luckily I can do this in two MTAs (one of which is actually used
by more than 5 people :-), so if nobody else is interested, I'll
just do it for "my" MTAs (and let marketing claim this as a
"competitive advantage" :-)

"Build it and they will come"?