Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-12 23:29:50

On Oct 12, 2011, at 7:37 PM, ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

The history of email agents parsing and processing time values isn't
exactly trouble free.

While true, that hardly seems like the thing that's most likely to break.

Past experience says otherwise.

My guess is that most MTAs aren't set up to be able to (re)attempt delivery
within a particular time window.

Which is exactly my point. This is a tricky thing to add to an existing
queuing strategy.

yes, I agree.  parsing the dates isn't a problem, but changing a queueing
strategy in an existing product could be a huge problem.

Keith