Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-12 13:23:07

I concur on all points, and would also like to repeat and emphasize something
that Murray said:

        "The extension produces a potentially useful optimization [...]"

I think the word "potential" is important here.  It's not clear to me,
at this point, that optimization is necessary, desirable, or feasible.
I'm open to those possibilities, especially if they can be achieved
via a BCP and not by extending/modifying the protocol, but so far I'm
only partially convinced.  Let me phrase the question this way: can
proponents identify the problem(s) they see, their extent, their impacts,
and their causes?  I'd like to see discussion on that, so that I can
better understand what the underlying issues are.

---rsk