Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-12 13:03:13

On 10/12/2011 10:36 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Having thought about this a bit, I can't see any problem with a BCP or
even with the server saying 'try again in 5 minutes' (or whatever)

You're blurring the line between two things though.  One of the things we're
talking about, the BCP, documents existing, established, or even recommended
practice.  The other one is an SMTP extension.  As far as I know, a BCP can't
create an extension, so we're really talking about two different efforts here.

The extension produces a potentially useful optimization, but there seems to be
a lot less interest in doing that work than there is for doing the BCP.  It's
not clear this is a major pain point that's worth the significant effort of
producing a standards track extension and then expecting industry to begin
adopting it.

+1 on all points.

d/

--