Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-24 19:15:04

On Oct 24, 2011, at 7:49 PM, Hector wrote:

Why did (at least) seven different systems add time hints to their responses?

feeping creaturism?  Aeriously, I've lost count of the number of useless header
fields I've seen email MUAs generate.   There are a lot of other silly
practices in email software that are commonplace, e.g. rewriting an address
that's missing a preceding phrase, to add a phrase that's redundant with the
address, which just clutters up the display of the headers.

Implementors often get the idea that adding more "features" improves their
product, whether or not those features do anything useful.  (Generally, it's a
good idea to avoid those implementations.)

So no, the fact that a few systems have added time hints to their SMTP

Keith