RE: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-25 03:23:22
The point of a BCP isn't to solve problems with greylisting, but merely to
document the practice.  It's been around long enough that doing so is probably
useful to future implementers.

I'm with you on the extension thing, though.

From: owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Keith Moore
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 3:44 PM
To: Hector
Cc: ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

On Oct 24, 2011, at 5:59 PM, Hector wrote:

There is no suggestion to change the framework.  There is an growing issue with
increasing deployment of Greylisting.

exactly what is the issue with the increasing deployment of greylisting?  what
problems does it cause that are addressed by a BCP or SMTP extension?