Re: Trusted agency

2011-10-19 00:48:40

Hi Doug,
At 21:59 18-10-2011, Douglas Otis wrote:
You are confusing consumerism with how an oligarchy works, right?

No. :-)

Currently, the Internet represents an open market where receivers should be allowed to ask who is piping sewage into their home.

It's more like an open space where cacophony fills the void.

SPF doesn't care who should be held accountable, nor does DKIM care whether a message is being abusively replayed and by whom or whether it has been modified to offer deceptive

I gather that the people on this mailing list have enough clue to read the specifications and assess the technology.

When a user is able to limit those with which they exchange messages (a buddy list), there isn't any spam problem. Even when bad actors return under a different name, they still don't make the list.

I actually got some spam from people who I could consider as being on the buddy list.

A web of trust is not possible without actually authenticating the _accountable_ entity

Yes.

Regards,
-sm