Re: Trusted agency (was: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING)

2011-10-27 11:59:55

This is an aside directed at one limited point, and is probably
not relevant to the larger discussion.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:20:17AM -0700, SM wrote:
Social networks is where a lot of spam come from but we cannot call it that.

I don't see why not.  I receive unsolicited bulk email from social networks
on a regular basis, and because it's UBE, it's unquestionably spam.

Let me note in passing that much of that spam also happens to consist
of forgeries, no doubt an attempt to leverage automated and human filters
in favor of delivery.

---rsk