Re: [ietf-smtp] Private Domain Names and the EHLO/HELO Command

2013-03-27 09:12:05
Sabahattin Gucukoglu <listsebby(_at_)me(_dot_)com> wrote:

So in summary:

1.  Perform the usual reverse-forward-FQDN-search routine to find our "FQDN".

Easier and good enough just to use gethostname() or equivalent.

2.  If it's safe to send according to hostname rules, then send it, or

3.  Send our private IP address as an address literal.

More precisely, use getsockname() on the socket that is connected to the
server, and don't bother checking if it is private.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.