Re: [ietf-smtp] Is this a new bad i18n idea?

2014-05-22 11:50:31
so how is the server to know which DNS domains it should trust? Trusting every DNS domain that references the server makes no sense because anybody can reference your server in their DNS domain. So at a minimum the application server needs to know which DNS domains to trust.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I think it's a bad idea. If we had something like CLONE that flipped the direction of the pointer so the canonical name controled what its aliases were, it might be a slightly less bad idea.

Regards,