[ietf-smtp] UTF-8 smashing (was: Re: Is this a new bad i18n idea?)

2014-05-22 12:08:17

--On Thursday, 22 May, 2014 12:46 -0400 John R Levine
<johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

Your MUA seems to have smashed my UTF-8.  That was fXX.com
where the X's were o's with accents, really xn--f-vgaa.com so
it was

xn--f-vgaa.com CNAME foo.com

While those lines were definitely smashed, I receive a lot of
UTF-8 traffic and that traffic doesn't get smashed in either my
MTA or MUA.   In particular, I receive messages with Chinese
coded in UTF-8 on an almost daily basis.   It would be very
interesting to track down where the problem is occurring, but I
don't have time this week.

regards from (because it is slightly relevant) Beijing,