Re: [ietf-smtp] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-smtp-metadata-00.txt

2015-03-23 17:51:04
a fourth use case might be, for MLM's to make a diff between:

a) original message and
b) the message the MLM will distribute

and to send this diff along with the original DKIM-Signature in a
'container'. The receiver MTA could reconstruct the original message and
verify the original DKIM-Signature (and e.g. apply DMARC).

I'd think it'd be easier just to wrap the original message as a
message/rfc822 part.  The problem with that is that MUAs don't display
them very well.  Hard to say how hard that is to fix vs. putting code
in an MTA to handle this metadata-ized thing vs a shim in the MTA or MDA
that recognizes a wrapped message and unwraps it before delivery.

R's,
John