Re: [ietf-smtp] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-smtp-metadata-00.txt

2015-03-24 08:50:42
The problem with BINARYMIME is that unless everyone supports it, someone
may have to transform the message... and that will break DKIM signatures
and make life annoying.  Hence my colleagues question about a mime aware
dkim canonicalization format as a pre-req for binarymime.

Which is why I said the target use with SUBMIT, not SMTP relay.

Of course another way to look at it is that this is Yet Another Way that
DKIM/DMARC is incompatiable with our existing standards and infrastructure.
Calling for Yet Another Fix.

                                Ned