On 12/2/2015 7:20 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
Wednesday, Dec 2, 2015 10:12 AM Dave Crocker wrote:
Absent hard data that shows efficacy, both of you are wrong.

Not leaking data is 100% effective at not leaking data.

A shame that has nothing to do with this thread or what I said.

At base, we don't know how to prevent folks from getting scammed,
while still allowing them to interact with the outside world.

We know that revealing their personal information is harmful.

A shame that has nothing to do with this thread or what I said.

Lots of people are sure they know the right answer here, but none
of them can document efficacy.  Worse, most of the ways people cite
have already been demonstrated to be inadequate or unachievable.

Redacting IP address information from SMTP submission servers is very
achievable,

A shame that has nothing to do with this thread or what I said.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking