Re: [ietf-smtp] [Shutup] Proposed Charter for something

2015-12-10 09:29:47
Martijn Grooten writes:
But I don't think that's a good reason not to remove certain headers
and/or remove parts of some of them that potentially contain privacy
sensitive information.

"X is a good idea" ≠ "X is a good idea for a standards body".

The real question is: would spam filters still be
able to do a good enough job if we removed these things?

There are two thresholds: The line above which enough information is removed to effectively protect whatever is to be protected, and the line above which best-in-class spam filters cannot effectively distinguish between a blackhat trying to protect his identity and a whitehat doing the same.

I can't see any argument that the two differ.

Arnt