Re: [ietf-smtp] [Shutup] Proposed Charter for something

2015-12-10 13:58:38
On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 01:17:53PM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
      Absent a basic, systems-approach to guide community effort, for
doing anything but the most blindingly obvious steps for protection, the
community will be executing a random walk through a very complex face.

I somewhat agree/disagree with this.  I think that an EG tasked with
attempting to enumerate privacy issues in the email ecosystem (and to
provide at least some vague hand-waving guesstimate of their impact)
could produce as its work product a document which provides a starting
place.  I'm willing to make a try at it because AFAIK right
now we've got nothing.  (If such a document or paper already exists
and I'm unaware of it, I'd appreciate a pointer.)

---rsk