Re: [ietf-smtp] New version of E-mail Authentication for Internationalized Mail draft

2018-01-22 18:44:23
In article <FCA152FA-C67D-488E-AA7D-7234ED27EC19(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> you
write:
SPF can use mailfrom local parts, so that needs to be addressed in addition to
what's in the draft.  I know it's not
commonly used, but it is used and is part of the standard.

Hmmn, I'm open to sugggestion but my inclination is to say that
anything with %s or %l macros fails with a non-ASCII local part.  That
bit of SPF has always seemed rather ill-defined to me since it's never
been obvious what it means if a local part contains quotes or
parentheses or something like foo\.bar.

R's,
John
--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet