Re: [ietf-smtp] Adding a new value to the WITH protocol type subregistry

2018-07-12 12:33:09
In article <2017854d-2cc2-3058-3d1b-0da927491491(_at_)isode(_dot_)com> you
write:
IESG-Approved Experimental RFC". Is the registration policy too strict
and should it be relaxed to allow something like "Specification
required" choice, so that registrations can be added by, say,
Independent Stream RFCs?

Given that keywords are cheap and the namespace is effectively
unlimited I agee that specification required makes more sense.

Since we are not the Internet Police, people will invent stuff anyway
so we should make the bar as low as possible to avoid keyword
collisions.

R's,
John