Re: [ietf-smtp] Adding a new value to the WITH protocol type subregistry

2018-07-12 19:21:22
I would argue that the information is a lot more important than you think.. standards help.. (often the methods of authentication, or the way the email was processing through 'muddle-boxes' helps in trust factors and reputation...

But I for one agree, that allowing a more 'open' set of identifiers and mappings of what those are, aid in transparency, and should not be restricted to 'approved' identifiers (eg IETF approved) , but 'published' identifiers..