Re: [ietf-smtp] Proposal: SMTP Early Pipelining

2018-09-03 08:13:27
On 09/02/2018 09:11 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
Jeremy, I can't recall your posting an Internet Draft in the
past -- if you need a hand getting started, drop me a note
off-list.

With John's help (thanks!) I've now done this.

The draft reflects my original thinking and does not
yet incorporate any of the suggestions and objections
received.

A new version of I-D, draft-harris-early-pipe-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jeremy Harris and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:         draft-harris-early-pipe
Revision:     00
Title:                SMTP Service Extension for Early Pipelining
Document date:        2018-09-03
Group:                Individual Submission
Pages:                6
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-harris-early-pipe-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-harris-early-pipe

Abstract:
   PIPE_CONNECT is an SMTP extension supporting the pipelining of
   banner, EHLO and one folling command in an SMTP conversation.  It
   permits a reduction in delivery latency by eliminating a nunmber of
   network round-trips.

--
Cheers,
  Jeremy