Re: [ietf-smtp] [Proposal] confusing parts of the mail system, was 250-MARKDOWN

2019-01-16 21:31:31
On 16/01/2019 18.17, Ned Freed wrote:

As for BINARYMIME, we implemented that for SUBMIT in 2012 due to a
couple of customer requests.

Microsoft, for their hotmail.com service anyway, does support
BINARYMIME for received mail.  And, as far as I can tell, it works.

I send a photo with "Content-Type: image/png; charset=binary" and view
it using their web interface and I see my photo.  Sent it all one big
fat BDAT.

Strangely, when Microsoft sends mail they don't seem to use BINARYMIME
even though I offer the extension.

Microsoft, so it seems, have overcome the problems that seem to plague
other email software and service providers with regard to BINARYMIME.