Re: [ietf-smtp] [Proposal] confusing parts of the mail system, was 250-MARKDOWN

2019-01-17 07:06:45
On Thursday 17 January 2019 13:55:05 CET, Gene Hightower wrote:
This something that, I hear, is very difficult for others to do.  I'm
told it's very complicated.  Somehow they have figured out how to make
this work.

The difficult bit is what to do if you receive a message that's signed and that depends on binarymime, need to forward it, and the next-hop receiver doesn't support binarymime. Didn't someone just say that Microsoft gets that case wrong?

The binarymime spec itself isn't very complicated.

Arnt