Re: [ietf-smtp] Dombox - A Zero Spam Mail System

2019-09-24 23:49:16
I just had a look at Zoemail.

To quote this page
<https://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/3347011/ZoEmail-Has-Zero-Tolerance-for-Spam.htm>

Your ZoEmail address is ultimately different for each person who sends you
mail.

It consists of a conventional user ID and domain name, with the ZoEmail
key, an alpha-numeric string, wedged in before the @ sign — eg.
gerryblackwell(_dot_)rcu99llp(_at_)zoemail(_dot_)com, "rcu99llp" being the
key.

The system automatically assigns randomly generated keys to legitimate
correspondents and stores them in a look-up table. If an incoming message
does not include a valid key, the system discards it, assuming it's spam.

In my opinion, the reason they were failed is because they were trying to
use the disposable email address feature for human-to-human mails. An email
address should be easy to give. It should be a single identity for
human-to-human mails. e.g. john(_at_)example(_dot_)com.  It should be easily
fillable
in an offline form.

In my system we are isolating only the website related mails.
human-to-human mails gonna work as usual.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 8:37 AM John R Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>