Re: [ietf-smtp] Dombox - A Zero Spam Mail System

2019-09-25 04:39:34

And you tell that it's a "website related" mail, how, exactly?
You get a connection on port 25. How do you know it's really a real person
and
not a "website related" mail that lies in the From: field?

The system offers different address structures.  We decide how to treat the
mail based on the RCPT TO address. If it is look like RCPT TO: <
john(_at_)example(_dot_)com>, then it's a human-to-human mail address. If it
looks
like  RCPT TO: <amazon(_dot_)com(_at_)test123(_dot_)example(_dot_)com>, then
it's a website
related mail address.

By default, john(_at_)example(_dot_)com is a generic mail address. It can
accept mails
from both human and websites.  A user have to enable a setting called
"Restricted Mode" to instruct the system that it's a human-to-human mail
address. We heavily rely on MX record instead of SPF record to detect mail
genuinity in human-to-human mails.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 1:37 PM Valdis Klētnieks
<valdis(_dot_)kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>