Re: [ietf-smtp] IETF Policy on dogfood consumption or avoidance - SMTP version

2019-12-20 09:37:07
On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:03:12AM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
On 12/20/19 8:55 AM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:

I assume that you have the technical abilities to run your own mail
server. So if you think commercial (or free) providers do a lousy job,
why don't you do it yourself?

I currently have an arrangement for delivery of my mail that is
satisfactory to me, if a bit expensive.?? But it's clear that for the
public Internet in general, spam filtering is still a problem that has a
significant negative effect on reliability of email. I think it's worth
considering whether IETF could improve this situation via some
combination of improved protocol and sound, carefully-reviewed advice
for implementors and/or operators.

   I too would like to consider whethr IETF could generate
" improved protocol and
" sound, carefully-reviewed advice for implementors and/or operators.

   Alas, I've come to doubt this is possible... :^( :^(

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>