Re: [ietf-smtp] IETF Policy on dogfood consumption or avoidance - SMTP version

2019-12-23 09:33:55
On 12/23/19 8:46 AM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:

On 2019-12-20 10:03:12 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
But it's clear that for the public Internet in general, spam filtering
is still a problem that has a significant negative effect on
reliability of email.
I would phrase that differently: Spam has a significant negative effect
on reliability of email. Spam filtering mitigates some of that, but is
not able to achieve 100% reliability.

Yeah, I see so much evidence of poorly-chosen spam filtering criteria that I'm not willing to give the spam filters a pass just because the volume of spam is so great.

I think we need to recognize that spam filters are part of the problem.   Just because a problem exists does not mean that any supposed fix is good.

Keith