Re: [ietf-smtp] Possible cont4ibution to moving forward with RFC5321bis SMTP

2020-01-02 14:31:03
On 1/2/20 3:19 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

then referencing MSA continues to confuse me.

It's part of the discussion history but I don't think it's worth re-iterating.

If the box doing the MSA also talks to the receiving MTA, then that first box is also an MTA.

Sure.   But we're not always clear about when we're talking about an abstraction, vs. when we're using one of these terms to talk about an implementation or a service.

For lots of reasons, I expect that such ambiguities will persist.

Keith