Re: [ietf-smtp] Possible cont4ibution to moving forward with RFC5321bis SMTP

2020-01-02 13:08:38
On 1/2/2020 10:51 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
I mean a server that accepts incoming mail on behalf of a mail domain. Normally they are advertised using MX records.  Sorry if that wasn't clear; I thought "MX server" would be an unambiguous shorthand.

To me the point at which a message crosses a boundary between mail domains

ahh.  ack.

You meant something like: "the sequence of hops starting with the MSA and ending with the receiving MTA at the destination site".

I'd misunderstood and thought you meant that the MSA interacted directly with the receiving MTA.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking