[ietf-smtp] How wrong is this EAI implementation

2020-06-20 13:54:40
I am poking at the widely used Roundcube web mail package.

One of my test addresses is 测试@电子邮件测试.中国

When I enter it into Roundcube as a username, it turns the domain into a-labels, 测试@xn--5nqx41au4nqohsp3axcg.xn--fiqs8s and uses that as the address in the From: line, and to authenticate to IMAP and submission. I can understand where that came from, but it still seems wrong.

Addresses that I put on the To: line seem unmolested.

Regards,