[ietf-smtp] CC'ing ticket systems

2020-07-07 05:55:57

Hi, have you had the experience of starting an email thread where one of the
participants is a ticket system?  As the initiator you get a ticket open,
and then each person who was in the To/CC, as they reply, get their own
ticket open.
(IANA, IETF-action, etc.)

Damn, that was not what you wanted.
What one wanted was to open a ticket and then collect the whole conversation
into it.

We have sometimes elegant and sometimes horrible hacks which try to leverage
how MUA work to collect the ticket information state into Subject lines, and
into bodies...

There are a bunch of things that I can imagine that might solve this,
ranging from the mundane to the revolutionary.
But, I wondered if others think it important to think about ticket systems
and other automated email processes.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-