Re: [ietf-smtp] Proposed Charter for EMAILCORE WG-to-be

2020-07-22 07:32:21
On 7/22/2020 5:23 AM, Tim Wicinski wrote:
In the paragraph Dave edited, I for some reason find the word "that" as feeling out of place. I need to read it a few more times.

Just to confirm, I assume you mean:

> This working group will conduct that limited review and revision, ...

I was trying to preserve as much of the original text as I could and didn't even think about this. In context it works, given the paragraph that precedes it. But it certainly isn't essential. Also, it's worth making the paragraph stand on its own.

So, perhaps...

This working group will conduct a limited review and revision to the base email specifications, and will publish new versions of these documents at Internet Standard status, per RFC 6410. The limited review is restricted to corrections and clarifications only. In addition to processing existing, verified errata and errata marked as "held for document update", the WG may address newly-offered errata. However, no new protocol extensions or amendments will be considered for inclusion into 5321bis and 5322bis documents, unless they are already published as RFCs.

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking