Re: [ietf-smtp] EHLO domain validation requirement in RFC 5321

2020-09-27 11:31:59
On 9/27/2020 8:43 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
No, we've observed in practice that hosts that don't have matching PTRs are spambots.

I don't believe that anyone takes enough time to look at a sufficient volume of email, often enough, to be sure of that. And again, it's a self-fulfilling belief.

Keith,

Exactly how much experience do you have with the real-world practices of the real-world anti-abuse industry?

I'm asking not as an ad hominem, but in order to try to find out how your blanket rejection can be so wildly different from what I see within M3AAWG.  For many years.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking