Re: [ietf-smtp] EHLO domain validation requirement in RFC 5321

2020-09-28 10:16:50
On Monday 28 September 2020 16:27:58 CEST, John Levine wrote:
Keith is asking us to expect that mail clients will move behind NAT64
even while their associated servers do not, and that will happen
enough that it will change a strong spam filtering signal. Doesn't
seem likely to me.

For that to happen, someone has to say "well, I think that I'll change my mail server configuration to be more like a spammer" and then a million more people have to do the same, eventually weakening the spam signal. I fail to see why the first few thousand people would do any such thing.

It's a case where we can't get there from here, so debating whether "there" is a good place or not has no connection to reality. Please let's stop this now.

Arnt