Re: [ietf-smtp] EHLO domain validation requirement in RFC 5321

2020-09-28 17:44:42
(There are already some IPv6 only ISPs and I expect this will become more viable over time.   Should they have to set up IPv4 tunnels or ALGs for their "legitimate" customers so those customers can still send email to IPv4 servers?)

No, they need a fixed IPv4 address with an MX so people on IPv4 servers can send mail *to* them. As we've said a few dozen times already, one mail server on one IPv4 address can handle a whole lot of mail for a whole lot of people, both inbound and outbound.

The usual word for one-way mail to which one cannot reply is "spam".

Regards,