Re: [ietf-smtp] EHLO domain validation requirement in RFC 5321

2020-09-27 19:25:16
On 9/27/20 8:18 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

On 9/27/2020 4:15 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
On 9/27/20 6:00 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

gosh, Keith.  Don't you consider 95% spam in email over the Internet to be a degradation worthy of attention?

Of course I do, but ONLY if the degradation due to spam filtering is part of the picture.

Please provide documentation that the people running serious email platforms do not already include that factor in their decision-making.

Again you're trying to change the subject.   I'm not talking about their discussions.   I'm talking about THIS discussion.

As for changing the subject, I am indeed trying to alter it. I would to move its treatment in this forum from standalone, idealistic and apparently-uninformed statements of impractical absolutes to,

This is where we would need a chair or SAA to step in if we had one.     Since we don't have one, Dave, I am calling you out for abusive behavior.

Keith