Re: [ietf-smtp] why I'm discussing the spam filtering problem

2020-10-05 12:50:51
On 10/5/20 12:22 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I do find spam filtering useful in some instances, but don't see a
general net benefit.  Sometimes it's a win, sometimes it's a huge lose.
And anyone who want to receive email without filtering is quite free to do so.

Is that generally true?   I haven't done a wide survey, but most of my mail accounts don't seem to have the option to disable filtering.

It's necessary precisely because email is such a great messaging system.
I don't follow that.   Certainly spam filter is sometimes necessary,
though, because email is so accessible.
What you said is the same thing I said, just said differently.

I guessed right for once.

Keith