[ietf-smtp] why I'm discussing the spam filtering problem

2020-10-04 21:18:24
It's because I care about Internet email, and having it work well.   It's because I hate to see Internet email lose out to FacedOut and LockedBook and Tooter and Frop and most of the other profoundly dysfunctional toys that people use for interpersonal messaging these days.   It's because (and I'll probably regret saying this) RFC821, RFC822, and their descendants have actually held up fairly well in terms of functionality, especially in comparison to these toys, though there's clearly a need for improvement by now.

I'd like to think that other people here also care about having Internet email work well, but so far the loudest people just seem to be screaming for their right to sabotage it.   Maybe there's some good intent and good faith buried in those arguments, but it's hard to see.

Keith